The Hosting Data Apps website is dedicated to help you learn about your hosting options. As outlined in the opening post, data app development related content is kept to a minimum. In this post we list resources that provide accessible introduction to Shiny app development.
The Hosting Data Apps website is dedicated to helping you learn about your hosting options. As outlined in the opening post, data app development-related content is kept to a minimum. This post lists resources that provide an accessible introduction to Shiny app development.
What is Shiny again
Shiny is an R package that makes it easy to build interactive web apps straight from R ... Shiny combines the computational power of R with the interactivity of the modern web. – RStudio
Posit (formerly Studio) is behind such beloved products as the RStudio IDE, R markdown, the tidyverse set of packages, and Shiny. It is then just fitting to open the list of Shiny-related resources with all the amazing content produced by the folks closest to Shiny.
- Written and video tutorials for users who are new to Shiny
- Shiny app gallery to be inspired by and to learn from
- Articles related to all aspects of Shiny app development
- Getting help with anything related to R and Shiny
- Mastering Shiny by Hadley Wickham
- Engineering Production-Grade Shiny Apps by Colin Fay and others
- Outstanding User Interfaces with Shiny by David Granjon
- Shiny tutorial and cheat sheet by Zev Ross
- A gradual introduction to Shiny by Ted Laderas et al.
- Building Shiny apps – an interactive tutorial by Dean Attali
These resources represent my go-to places when I need a refresher or inspiration. If you know of a great resource that deserves to be listed here, please suggest a title on Twitter (@analythium)!